Strategic location to capture the Asia Pacific businesses.
The premier International Business and Financial Centre (IBFC) of Malaysia, lying off the coast of Borneo.
Globally recognised legal framework enforced by the regulator, the Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA).
Your Labuan Investment Bank can be 100% foreign-owned.
Labuan Fund Management License will allow you to provide management services which include investment advice and administrative services in respect of securities for the purpose of investment.
A tax haven where companies are subject to only 3% of Corporate Income Tax on net audit profits, and full exemption from other local taxes, assuming that the companies do not trade within Labuan.
With strict requirements set forth by the Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA), only genuinely experienced, reliable and dedicated financial services providers will establish their operation here.
Maximum client confidentiality and anonymity. Details of Beneficial Owners, Shareholders and Directors are not part of public records.
Compliant to all international protocols on exchange of information.
Business transactions are conducted in accordance with the international standards and best practices.
- Time Frame: 8 Months
- Taxation: 3% (Corporate Income Tax)
- License: Fund Management License
- Notarized / Certified True Copy of Passport
- Notarized / Certified True Copy of Proof of Address
- Notarized / Certified True Copy of Bank Statement
- Bank Reference Letter
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) dated and signed by applicant
- Certified true likeness Passport Photo
For each Corporate Shareholders of the company:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of associations
- Register of Directors
- Register of Shareholdings
- Copy of the last Annual Financial Statements
(All documentation shall be provided in English, or translated into English by a professional and certified by a Notary Public.)
- Minimum 1 Shareholder (can be legal entities or natural persons, no nationality restrictions)
- Minimum 2 Directors (natural persons)
- Minimum 3 local employees
- Profit Tax – 3% of net audited profits annually
- Other taxes – 0% (Capital Gains, Withholding Tax, Stamp Duty on offshore instruments)
- Minimum amount of annual operating expenditure in Labuan: MYR 120,000
- The Company will be required to submit audited financial statements and tax returns within 3 months from its balance sheet date.
- Accounting records should be kept at the local offices.
- The authorities may do a half-yearly audit of the Company.
- Registered Agent – Required
- Secretary – Required
- Professional indemnity insurance policy
- Coverage of not less than RM 1 million (USD 240,000) or its equivalent in any foreign currency throughout its operations
Legal Framework: Labuan Financial Services and Securities Act 2010
Regulatory Authority: Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA)
Time Frame: Approximately 8 Months
Minimum Paid-Up Capital: US $90,000
- Collect funds from investors to invest in securities such as stocks, bonds, money market instruments and other assets, for the purpose of capital appreciation.
- The portfolio must be operated by a professional fund manager, and structured in a way that matches the objectives proclaimed in the prospectus.
- Compile and prepare all of the documents for initial verification.
- Incorporation of a company in Labuan.
- Submit the application of Labuan Fund Management License to Labuan Financial Services Authority (FSA).
- We will liaise with FSA on follow-up actions, submit additional documents that are requested.
- Provisional approval will be granted by FSA if it is satisfied with our submission.
- Fulfill all the conditions listed by FSA in order to obtain the License.
Let's have a cuppa!
Eager to know more? Get in touch with us.